music rating

Here's your chance to rate some music I've been listening to. Let me know what you think about it. I'm not interested in what you guys think about Relient K's new one or SNTR's Divine Discontent because they're already established. And some people I know, who hate established music just because it's established, will inevitably hate on that stuff.

No, I'd like you to review some unknown stuff I've been listening to. First it's a band called Ello Chello and then check out Roper. Let me know what you think on a scale of 1-10 with comments, please. Also, don't be ultra-harsh, no one's impressed by how much you think someone stinks. I would hope that everyone be moderate and fair. Thanks.

Tags:

3 comments:

Brett said...

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the best and 10 being the worst:

Roper: 5

They just sound a little cliche to me. Not bad musicians, but they really sound like too many bands out there right now.

Ello Chello: 7

More original sound. It's obvious that they didn't spend a ton of money on production - they could have really benefitted from some better recording technology, mics, a producer, etc. My 2 critiques: the songs need a little packaging (intros are a bit long, melodies could use a little bit of creative massaging), and the band needs to work on playing more tightly... playing along with a metronome would be a big help.

Thanks for introducing us to new music... I love new music.

Jason said...

I know why Drew likes Roper. Can someone say Five Iron?

Drew Caperton said...

oh no, Jason, you found me out. Now that you've got that out of the way, you can let me know what you thought of the music.