Kick of Random

It has been very hot the past couple of days here in Lafayette. I'm not sure about the temperature, but I'm pretty sure the inside of my oven of a car has gotten one million degrees hotter than the seventh circle of hell! I'm sure I've lost at least fourteen layers of skin on my hands for trying to touch the steering wheel within 15 minutes of starting my car and turning on the AC. I actually wonder what the spontaneous combustion rate is down here.

The house hunt ensues, and we're finding some good prospects. One got snatched up off the market two days ago, it was a good one too. I was mildly upset, but then I remembered how many favorites I've had already, and I calmed down pretty fast. It seems like the two areas of town we're looking into are the Aurora Park subdivision [near Broussard] and within a two-mile radius of the Brentwood subdivision.

Work is going well. It's a job, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Still settling in, probably won't be in until another month or two passes. I'm already feeling the tension of the church plant and needing to make "personal" phone calls [and work on "personal" Bible studies] on company time. It bothered me a little at first, but after understanding the nature of my job, I'm slightly more at peace with it. All the same, I'd rather keep the two separate so I can be above reproach.

Kristy's family [minus Jason] came in town to meet Riley Ember and they brought along a special video with them. It was Kristy and her two younger brothers singing and dancing, hilarious! To add to the fun, Kristy was (was?!) a very bossy girl at the tender age of 14, so she directed the whole thing. There is an extended part where she sings a love song in front of the camera, and to my surprise, I was moved by it. You could really see her hopes and dreams on display and it was really cool to watch my wife as a 14-year-old, dreaming of what was to come. I hope I haven't disappointed, baby.

Man, I need to get that video on the internet somehow...

5 comments:

bob hyatt said...

Man- nothing like walking outside right into a giant, invisible sponge, right?

Whew!

Time to hit one of those DRIVE-THROUGH DAQUIRI STANDS!

Drive through liquor...

amazing! :)

Lafe said...

The Drive-Thru Daquiris comment, I hereby nominate as the comment of the year.

Nate said...

Yeah for Embarassing Home Videos...glad I could let you experience that!! I will see what i can do about getting a clip or two onto the computer!! I miss ya'll and wish i could be there with you...but i have a job interview this coming Tuesday...i am so pumped about it! Pray for me!! Love ya, Nate

Kristy said...

Is NOTHING safe with you??!?! I can't believe you told on me...it was bad enough that you and your family got to see that video, but now you want to post it on the internet?!?

Where are your fat kid pictures? And are there any of you naked? With a lampshade on your head or something? Perhaps we could scan those in and post them on our blogs...oh, and the Vox website...

And, by saying "was (was?!) a very bossy girl" does that mean that you think I still am?!?

Prior to reading this blog post I would have said that, no, I haven't been dissappointed...that you've made me that happiest girl in the world...and that love is even better than all the silly love songs say it is...BUT NOW...

...I'd still say the same thing...

Drew Caperton said...

Kristy, your comment made laugh out loud, then fear for my life, then sigh in relief... it's a like a roller-coaster with you, but I love it!

All kidding aside, I honestly hope I didn't hurt you...

...and the fat kid pictures are being posted next week (after I burn them).