jobbing trilogy

In most famous trilogies there is a formula that follows...

Part 1 - introductive with a semi-happy pseudo-ending
Part 2 - dark, desperate, all is lost
Part 3 - ultimate resolution, extreme joy amidst the small sacrifices

I know that doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

With my job hunt, it's been the same kind of story. There was a time when things looked very promising. I even thought I was destined for the Acadiana Big Brothers Big Sisters job in some ways. Then came the long wait with the finality of, "Someone else was offered the position this morning, and they accepted." All was lost, no job, I waited for nothing. I even wrote this disillusioned post about it.

But God was writing a trilogy. So part three happened a couple of days ago when I got the call from Acadiana Big Brothers Big Sisters, wanting to know if I was still interested in the job. For reasons I can't disclose (because of legal ramifications), the candidate that got the job before me couldn't take the position, and they wanted me to take it. So, after checking my wonderful references (thank you Beth Kenyon and Kent Hodskins), they called me back yesterday and offered me the job, and I accepted! Then the Death Star exploded, Sauron was defeated, and the Matrix reloaded itself! So, I'm the new Partnership Development Coordinator for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Acadiana.

Well, I'm no Frodo Baggins, but God did work out this trilogy in a way that I couldn't even have imagined, and I think I'm still letting it sink in. Thank you for all of your prayers and making this thing a trilogy, I will do my best to tell it for years to come.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

so happy for you! what a blessing. thanks for sharing your journey with us...we all can now rejoice with you!!!!

shauna said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOO! THAT IS STINKIN' AWESOME!!

Lafe said...

You remember when I said, you didn't want that job anyway, and how it was probably a good thing you didn't get the job and all that stuff?

Yeah, forget I said all that.

Kristy said...

That is an incredible way of looking at this whole situation! I'm surprised that I actually had to read it here on your blog first...that you hadn't stopped everything to tell me about it! Without wanting to sound like a sympathy card - when everything is at its darkest, God is able to shine brightest - perhaps that's why he lets it get so dark. I'm glad that I had your hand to hold thru the dark...and even happier to celebrate with you in this blinding brightness!

Are you sure that you're not Frodo? You sure do spend an awful lot of time in the 'shire'...