Kent and Evanescence

Out of nowhere, a really great memory came to mind. This past April, my older brother, Kent, and I ran an errand together. Kent offerred to drive, and off we went. I immediately picked up his CD case and began brousing the collection. Evanescence's Fallen caught my eye and we popped it in. It was a short drive and I had just enough time to discover that Going Under was what I needed to hear, so on the way back, we started the song over.

In my attempt to turn the music up a little, I turned it up too loud, and then turned it not-too-loud. Usually I love the music up loud in my car, but I refrain from doing that in other people's cars. But Kent siezed the opportunity and quickly said, "You want to jam?" and absolutely cranked it. It was unbelievable. Going Under so loud I felt like I was at a concert and Kent and I singing at the top of our lungs.

It made me very glad to have Kent as a brother- someone who liked to jam like me. It is a memory I will cherish for a very long time to come.

4 comments:

Lafe said...

You my friend, know how to rock!

Thanks for being my pimp. If nothing else, I will have a funny story to tell all weekend long.

Hope that baby comes soon...

Kent said...

Good memory. On the way to Subway. Ask me what I'm getting with birthday money.

Dallas said...

Must... resist... urge... to... insert... joke... into... Kent's... wide... open... question...

Dr. A said...

Evanescense doesn't hold a candle to ICE ICE BABY in the car with the windows down...REPRESENT YO