Video game or Satan or Happiness?

I used to say that having video games in my house was like calling Satan up and inviting him into my home to stay. I'm just addicted, period. Other guys can handle it, I can't.

Five years later, I'm not so sure anymore. The question really is "is it worth playing a video game?" Worth the effort, the money, the time, everything. I used to say no, but now I'm nodding yes. I guess it's the same way people need hobbies. It could be argued that people don't really need hobbies, vacations, or anything else like that. I'm wanting to play one video game, NCAA Football 2005, and then I'll be happy. I know it sounds so cliche, but I've been thinking about these games (whatever the current year is) for years now, and it's time for me to buy one. I'm getting a game, the console, and everything for about $45. Pretty goood price on happiness.

Is it really worth playing a video game? It depends on who you ask.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I am commenting on the sizes of your head(huge) and Jed's (micro).It must be the way the camera is angled, but it is really funny...(no offense). Video game...just give yourself a limit when you sit down to play.

shauna said...

another random comment . . . your talk at The Grove last night was very good and touching. The visual from the film The Passion was a good touch. I probably could have spent the entire talk just crying. . . . a "good" kind of crying . . .

Drew Caperton said...

Carrie, no offense taken. Video game... thanks for the advice.

Shauna, thanks for telling me about it, you'd be surprised how few people say anything about a talk after you give it.

shauna said...

you're very welcome. i can certainly understand how getting feedback can be very encouraging.