olderyoungersisterbrother

I'm old. I know, I know, it's all relative. Some are older than me, some younger, but years aren't exactly what I'm talking. I'm not even implying negative connotations with "old," I'm actually quite comfortable here.

As we've ventured out here to Lafayette with hopes of building a church, one picture seems to be coming up again and again: family. In the humble beginnings of this family, it seems like I'm fitting into an older brother kind of role. It this strange tension between leading these people well and still knowing that I'm one of them. Our victories and sins are no different in value.

So, I'm old, but I like it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew,

Saw your blog page and had to respond. Apparently your cousin left it on my computer when he was here getting ready to go to Arkansas.
Craig had told me that you had moved back to Lafayette to start a church. I'm impressed that you are undertaking such a task however when you feel that you are being led by the Lord it will not be you ability that completes the task but you availability. That's an old saying that I've known for a long time but there is a lot of truth in what it is saying. So when you have 10 people to start take heart in the fact that God is working through your availability to do the task he has placed in your heart. I will be praying for you and your family as you do the Lord's work.

Uncle Don