Almost lost, but found again...

Lesson #1 at the Caperton household is now and forever will be this: when getting a house appraised, never [NEVER] under any circumstances, tell the appraiser what is wrong with the house. When you do that, they have to make a note of it and that makes things, um... complicated.

To catch everyone up, this whole mess was caused by me opening my mouth to the appraiser while he looked at the house we want to buy. I told the appraiser about the house's problems because I was told by an inspector to do it, but in our situation, it almost killed our chances of getting this house.

I say "almost" because as of this morning, everything was worked out. We're getting another appraisal done and after that [I've waited so long to say this] the Capertons will have a house for their home. Eight months is a long time to wait, but God has orchestrated this whole thing to go down exactly like He wanted it to.

My prayer Sunday morning at Vox was for God to provide a house for us. I drove by the house after that and laid hands on the house, praying it would be ours to use for the gospel and God's kingdom. And now, it's happening. God is faithful, even in the bleak times...

5 comments:

Dallas said...

Yee-effin-haw!

Kent said...

rock on!

Brett said...

Copngratulations!

Kristy said...

Thank you so much for all of the work and prayer that you have put in to 'buiding a house' for our family. I know 'task' is not your thing, but you've really excelled in it lately!

Sarah said...

Could you fix the picture so I could see it? All it shows is the little red box in the upper right corner with an x in it.

Oh, and tell your wife she did miss some news.