being rich

I recently picked up some freelance work that pays over 3 times better than any job I've ever worked...ever. I'm just doing it on the side, so it's just to help out with the new baby coming and some other things we need to take care of financially. But, par usual, I let my mind wander down the street of possibly getting rich. I began to think of all the things we could buy, do, see, accomplish, benefit.

Then something strange happened, I realized I didn't want to be rich. Having a lot of money turned out to be a huge responsibility. When you're poor, you get out of doing things or buying things because you just don't have the money. When you're rich, you actually have to use discretion about how you spend what you have. Not that there's no accountability in being poor, there's just less to be accountable for.

It's actually easier to be poor. This brings me to my header...

It reads "where the ideas of one man will od nothing to change the world..." Now, I'm not so sure. I think I just wrote that so that I would never have to be held accountable to change the world in any way. Maybe this is near the heart of what Jesus was talking about in his parable of the talents. When it's all said and done, it's just easier to not try to change the world and say, "Well, at least I didn't fail at it."

I realize that "change the world" is a little vague, but I'm owning up to it just the same.

I'm going to change my header before too long..

1 comments:

John Nelson said...

I didn't know y'all were expecting another baby! Congrats!!!